Do we really need to give an introduction to Valley of Flowers? Nearly all tourists wish to do this trek once in their lifetime. Who doesn't love to spend their time in beautiful mountains full of beautiful flowers? Yes, we know no one will say no! So, if you are planning for a Valley of Flowers Trek or if not, we are sure you'll plan your trek after reading this blog. In this blog, we will discuss the highlight of the Valley of flowers trek route, how to reach, trek details, and much more. Let's get started with the information on this beautiful trek.
Get lost in the paradise-like Valley of Flowers Trek Trail, which is hidden away in the Himalayas:
· Immerse yourself in a vibrant tapestry of alpine flowers, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
· Trek through lush meadows, dense forests, and cascading waterfalls.
· Witness rare flora like the blue poppy and the Brahma kamal in full bloom.
· Reach the final destination, Hemkund Sahib, a serene glacial lake surrounded by seven snow-clad peaks.
· A trekker's dream, this route offers a unique blend of natural splendor and spiritual significance.
· 5 Treks in one trip
· Acclimatization trek to Gorson Bugyal in Auli
· Trek to Hemkund Sahib – The highest Gurudwara in the world
· Pass via the Sacred Ganges Confluences (Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karnaprayag, Nandprayag, Vishnuprayag).
· Visit one of the four Char Dhams, including Badrinath and Mana, the last village in India.
Exploring the Valley of Flowers Trek Route is like discovering a hidden gem – raw, untouched, and a bit of a puzzle to get to! While you can drive from Delhi to Govindghat (around 500 km) and skip some hurdles, reaching this natural wonder usually involves a cool mix of journeys.
· You can take local transport from Delhi or can book one. Delhi – Haridwar/Dehradun (By train/bus to Haridwar, flights also available to Dehradun)
· Haridwar/Dehradun – Joshimath (approx. 280 km, 10 hours by road)
· Joshimath – Govindghat (20 km, 45 min by road)
· Govindghat – Trek start place (4 km, either by walk or shared taxi/jeep)
· Trek start place – Ghangaria (Trek 11 km on foot)
· Ghangaria – Vally of Flowers
With these important considerations, go off on the spectacular Valley of Flowers Trek Route adventure:
· Start from Govindghat (1920 m) and reach the trek's beginning (2195 m) via a leisurely walk or a shared taxi ride for 400 INR.
· At the starting point, find porters and mules for hire; leave excess luggage at Govindghat and carry only essentials in a backpack. Mules can transport your backpack to Ghangaria.
· Trek from the beginning (2195 m) to Ghangaria (2926 m) on a well-maintained path with a gradual ascent. Halfway, the Lakshman Ganga River accompanies you, with a bridge crossing later. Use a stick for support on steeper sections and enjoy snacks at convenient shops en route.
· From Ghangaria (2926 m), extend your journey 2-3 km into the valley, exploring its stunning beauty. Note that only a 3 km stretch is accessible to tourists; the rest is within the park's core area.
· For a more challenging option, trek from Ghangaria (2926 m) to Hemkund Sahib (4300 m). This 6 km route leads to a Sikh pilgrimage site with a Gurudwara and a serene glacial lake, surrounded by mist-covered mountains. Mules are available in Ghangaria for those who prefer a ride to Hemkund Sahib.
Here are 10 essential items to carry for your Valley of Flowers trek:
· Sturdy Footwear: Wear ankle-supporting hiking or trekking shoes for comfort and safety.
· Backpack: Carry a backpack to hold water, snacks, and spare clothes.
· Clothing Layers: Pack woolen clothes for warmth, including sweaters or jackets.
· Rain Gear: Bring a waterproof jacket or poncho to stay dry during sudden showers.
· Snacks and Energy Bars: Carry lightweight snacks and energy bars for quick nourishment.
· Water Bottle: Stay hydrated with a reusable water bottle.
· Walking Stick: Consider a walking stick for stability; available for purchase locally.
· Sun Protection: Pack sunscreen, sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat for sun protection.
· First Aid Kit: Include basic medical supplies like bandages, antiseptic, and pain relievers.
· Camera: Capture the breathtaking scenery and spot local wildlife.
Remember, proper preparation ensures a safe and enjoyable trek on the Valley of Flowers route.
Starting the Valley of Flowers Trek Route ensures a meeting with the magnificence of nature. This journey reveals a patchwork of alpine beauties, from gushing waterfalls to uncommon flora like the blue poppy, among the Himalayan immensity. When you have the right supplies, such as sturdy footwear that supports your ankles and a reliable backpack, your adventure is both enjoyable and intriguing. For an unforgettable adventure, consider a curated "Valley of Flowers Trek Package," combining adventure, culture, and environment into one unforgettable experience.